Anything less than a 6.5 is unacceptable.

Thursday, October 08, 2009

hurr cut

Wednesday's I'm done class at 10am and I don't have another until Thursday at 4. This is awesome. It's strange to go from being away from home 13-14 hours a day if you count travel time to only being in class for a few hours a day. Right now I'm being a good student and trying to use at lest some of my spare time to study and read, and with any luck I'll keep that up.

I'm getting a little more used to the life of a student, I'm not as nervous as I was last week. I'm still not really into being locked in a giant echoing room with 500 other students for classes, but I suppose I'll get used to that too. I had my first small group seminar, where I learned about the joys of the Socratic teaching method... if that doesn't make you come to class prepared I don't know what will.

Yesterday I went to the Canadian Law Society presentation and joined up. I met a few people, learned about all of the events they hold throughout the year (most of which include some combination of hockey, skating and booze - how cliche), and got invited to a couple of Canadian Thanksgiving celebrations. With any luck, I'll get me some turkey dinner on Sunday.

Today I'm going to get my hair cut, which is terrifying. The worst part of moving is finding a new stylist to trust. I'm mentally preparing for a horrible bangs mishap. It's inevitable. I never luck out with stylists.

Oh, and tonight is the competitions showcase, where we learn about mooting and client negotiating and all the other things we can compete in throughout the year. Cross your fingers that I get brave and sign up for mooting... It'd be exciting to learn some advocacy skills, and hopefully I don't puke due to all the public speaking involved.

That's it for now. Kamara out.

4 comments:

Raivhen said...

My bangs use to get wrecked all the time and now I do my own hair. No bang issues whatsoever.

Sharpen the moots well so they all have points.

Denae Elford said...

Yay turkey!!
I just have one question. What the heck is mooting miss lawyer lady? Quit it with all the law jargon us simple folk dont understand, would ya?
Whatever it is, I have a sneaking suspicion you are a natural mooter.
Moot moot.

Edward Willett said...

Mooting? You mean like the Ents in Lord of the Rings? Cool!

Kamara said...

Denae! Mooting is like fake court!

I would have to wear a suit.