Anything less than a 6.5 is unacceptable.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Settling in.

Here is something that I like about the UK:

You know how sometimes you'll eat a single serve yogurt or a Quaker chewy granola bar and you'll think to yourself, "That wasn't quite enough. I wish I had a little more." But you can't really justify eating a second Activia or granola bar cause that would be too much yogurt or snack and you just end up sitting there a little bit disappointed, you know that feeling? Well, it doesn't happen here. The yogurt and the granola bars are probably one and a third the size of the ones from home. And they're both still delicious.

I love feeling satisfied post-snack.

Also, I'm a pretty dedicated coffee drinker in the morning. The thought of having tea first thing in the morning is silly to me, the only thing that'll really get me out of bed is a cup of good strong coffee. BUT... in the afternoons and evenings my fingers and toes get a little cold (I think it's because of the damp) and I'll start thinking about a cup of tea or a cup of cocoa. I'm drinking Cadbury hot cocoa right now and it is delightful. I'm beginning to understand the british tea and cocoa thing a little more than I used to.

School still hasn't really gotten underway, I've just done the whole registration thing and met with a couple professors and tutors. Tomorrow I don't have any classes, so I'll probably just wander downtown and see what I can see. I still need to pick up a printer and a couple of other school supplies, and I'll likely stop at a market to get some fruit and veg (apparently we don't say "vegetable" here) for dinner and lunch the next couple days. I also need to pick up some bandaids, as I've developed a pretty epic blister on my left heel from all the walking I've done in the past little bit. Serioulsy. That sucker is the size of a toonie.

I miss feeling at home, but I don't know if I miss home yet.

1 comment:

Kindersurprise said...

I LOVE that last sentence.