Anything less than a 6.5 is unacceptable.

Sunday, September 27, 2009

here i am.

So far:
- I live with a bunch of 18 year olds. Oh dear.
- My apartment is small, but pretty decent. Bought some stuff at the IKEA in Nottingham and it's working out pretty well. My closet is only a foot wide though, and this is posing a bit of a problem.
- Leicester is pretty sweet... there's awesome shopping within walking distance (H+M, Topshop, Lacoste, etc.) I'm going to have to budget HARD. The downtown core is closed to traffic, so everywhere is made for pedestrians and it's super cute.
- First day of "school" is tomorrow... just learning about the program and stuff. The subwardens (babysitters for the 18 year olds, essentially) say this first week is really about drinking, so...
-I've consumed a lot of beer and rationalized it away by all the walking I've done.

I'll let you know how school goes.

1 comment:

Kindersurprise said...

Good to hear. I have come to love H&M too! Hopefully you will meet some people your age to hang with though. If not, I'm sure there are some mature ones that you can connect with.
P.S - The other day I put on a pair of leggings and a long trendy shirt thingy as an experiment (I'm succumbing to the urges)...but I just looked silly...I wish you were here/I was there so we could laugh about it together...
Btw, do you have skype? If you do, my name is sjkindrachuk. We should have a skype tea date sometime.
:)
Hope the first day went well.